North Bethesda and Potomac are both suburban communities in Montgomery County, Maryland with unique attractions ranging from art museums, historic parks, and shopping options.
Nestled along the Potomac River is where you will find the Potomac neighborhood and west of it is its neighbor, North Bethesda. These two neighborhoods offer a sweet escape from the hustle and bustle of the city. Explore the C&O Canal National Historical Park, view modern art and design at the Glenstone museum, and more while you learn about the great history of these two neighborhoods.
- A day spent at Pike & Rose, one of the hottest evening and weekend destination in the area that offers a variety of dining, shopping, drinking, and entertainment options
- Spacious, historic, and nature-filled parks like C&O Canal National Historical Park, Josiah Henson Museum & Park , and Cabin John Regional Park
- A visit to the famous Glenstone, a museum that seamlessly integrates art, architecture, and nature.
- Exploring everything the C&O Canal National Historical Park has to offer including the Billy Goat Trail, the historic lock houses, the Great Falls Tavern Visitor Center, and the Potomac River’s famous Great Falls
- Shopping at Montgomery Mall that includes big retail names and exciting dining options like Kung Fu Tea, Aroma Espresso Bar, and Pokė Papa
- Enjoying the laid-back community atmosphere surrounded by nature and fun outdoor experiences including kayaking, hiking, and cycling
- Transport back in time to the 1870s during an hour-long mule-drawn boat ride down the canal
- Hike the Billy Goat Trail that has three different trails that are each set for different skill levels. Section A is the most strenuous, Section B is moderately challenging, and Section C is perfect for beginners
- Relax for the day at one of Pike and Rose’s outdoor pop-ups. Formerly known as The Beach, Bark Social will be opening up in September and is the perfect oasis for dogs (and humans too!) including dog-friendly pops, sudsy baths, and lots of outdoor space to play.
- Bike through multiple neighborhoods in the county including the North Bethesda, Bethesda, and Rockville on The Bethesda Trolley Trail
Get ThereAirport: North Bethesda and Potomac are both about a 30-minute drive from Dulles International Airport (IAD) and Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA). It is a 40-minute drive from Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport (BWI)
Driving: North Bethesda and Potomac are both a 20-minute drive away from Washington, D.C
- Metrorail: The closest station to North Bethesda and Potomac is White Flint, the fourth to last stop on the Red Line towards Shady Grove