If you’re a history buff, foodie, or art enthusiast then you most definitely shouldn’t skip a trip to MidCounty during your next visit to Montgomery County, Maryland!
The region is made up of the Olney, Sandy Spring, Brookeville, Laytonsville and Derwood communities and each adds to MidCounty’s charm and flare. Get ready to make memories that will last a lifetime with an itinerary full of antique shopping, interactive history museums, ziplining, and live theater performances.
- A unique history learning experience at Woodlawn Manor Cultural Park in Sandy Spring.
- Tour the Woodlawn Museum to learn about the underground railroad or take part in an interactive journey at the Underground Railroad Experience Trail
- A taste of locally-made wine or trying your hand at making your own bottle at Olney Winery
- An aerial forest adventure of a lifetime at Adventure Park at Sandy Spring that includes 15 separate trails, zip-lining, and over 190 unique challenges
- Learning about the stories of agricultural innovation, women’s suffrage, the Quaker experience, and progressive education at the Sandy Spring Museum
- Seeing a live theater performance, ranging from comedies to dramas, at the Olney Theatre Center
- Snacking on small plates, sipping on local brews, and enjoying stone-fired pizzas at Brookeville Beer Farm
- Shop the Sandy Spring Museum gift shop for goods created by local artists to take a piece of Montgomery County, Maryland home with you
- Find new and old treasures that are truly one-of-a-kind at the Olney Antique Village
- Experience the Underground Railroad Experience Trail at night during their UGRR Experience Night Hike where visitors can follow the path that freedoms seekers took to the North during their nighttime travels
Airport: MidCounty is 50 minutes from Dulles International Airport (IAD), 45 minutes Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood. Marshall Airport (BWI), and 50 minutes from Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA).
From Washington, DC:
- Driving: MidCounty is a 35-minute drive away from Washington, D.C