Silver Spring is the culture and art hub of Montgomery County, Maryland and is home to colorful murals, inviting community destinations, and performance venues. Located directly north of Washington, DC, Silver Spring is the place to visit for a family-friendly outing, weekend trip with friends, or romantic getaway. Shop your way through the many retail options, have a group dinner at a new restaurant, or dance the night away at a concert performed by your favorite artist.
- A diverse neighborhood with a wide variety of cultures
- Large community centers like Downtown Silver Spring
- A dynamic arts and entertainment hot spot
- Seeing your favorite artist perform live at The Filmore, an iconic music venue that had artists like Aretha Franklin, Grateful Dead, Santana, and Janis Joplin grace the stage
- Watching an independent film at AFI Silver Theatre and Cultural Center
- Playing a challenging round of golf at Sligo Creek Golf Corse
- View the bullet that was used to assassinate President Abraham Lincoln at the National Museum of Health and Medicine.
- Make your own personalized bottle of wine at Urban Winery. You get to be part of the entire winemaking process including choosing from a selection of grapes, watching the process of creating a bottle, and designing the label.
- During the winter, lace up your skates at the outdoor skating rink, and during the summer, cool off in the Silver Spring Fountain.
Airport: From Dulles International Airport (IAD) it is a 50-minute drive, Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport (BWI) is a 40-minute drive, and Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA) is about a 35-minute drive.
From Washington, DC:
- Driving: Silver Spring is a quick drive away, located just north of Washington, D.C
- Metrorail: Hop on the Red Line towards Glenmont and ride until you reach the Silver Spring station.