They say that Takoma Park has “small town spirit with urban sophistication” and after just one visit, visitors will come to realize that it’s that and more. Takoma Park is a unique place to visit because it resides in both Washington, DC and Montgomery County, Maryland, uniting the two areas.
This charming community provides plenty of opportunities to explore and try something new, whether it is seeing a show at an intimate venue or supporting small businesses at a unique shop.
- A mix of outdoor space and community-oriented centers
- Locally-owned businesses
- A quaint, small-town experience
- Exploring the 11 different parks, playgrounds, and trails scattered throughout the community
- Sampling savory and sweet eats from family or independently-owned restaurants like Cielo Rojo, Roscoe’s Neopolitan Pizzeria, Gusto Gelateria, Spring Mill Bread Co., or Souper Girl
- Relaxing and catching up with friends over coffee at Takoma Beverage Co. or Busboys and Poets
- The Takoma Farmers Market is open all year round on Sundays from 10 am until 2 pm and sells a variety of local produce, dairy products, flowers, and baked goods.
- There are a variety of large dog parks located around the city, which make it the ideal community to stay in if you are traveling with a furry companion.
- Bike shares are located throughout the area, making it a great spot to rent a bike and go for a relaxing ride.
Airport: From Dulles International Airport (IAD) it is a 50-minute drive, Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport (BWI) is a one hour drive, and Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA) is a 40-50 minute drive.
From Washington, DC:
- Driving: The city of Takoma Park is located in both Washington, DC and Montgomery County Maryland and is situated in the upper northeast side of the city.
- Metrorail: Ride the Red Line from Washington, DC towards Glenmont until you reach Takoma Park station.