North Bethesda / Potomac
Rockville is the largest city in Montgomery County, Maryland and is the third largest in the entire state. In Rockville, you’ll come for the vibrant community but stay for the laid-back lifestyle present throughout the area.
Rockville is known as a retail hub because of its wide variety of shopping and dining options available. Meander along the crossroads of Rockville Pike and Old Georgetown Road to scope out a new cuisine or find the perfect new outfit. If you’re looking for a one-stop-shop for all of your retail needs, visit Pike & Rose for a mix of smaller boutiques and larger establishments like L.L. Bean, REI, West Elm, and Sur La Table.
If you are more of an outdoors person, you’ll fall in love with all of the options this city has to offer. Go for a high intensity work out or a leisurely stroll through Rock Creek Regional Park. During the autumn season, this park is one of the top locations to see vibrant fall foliage in full effect. Explore the Rockville Civic Center Park for the perfect family outing complete with various nature trails, tennis courts, an urban wildlife sanctuary, beautiful murals, and lots of outdoor space.
- A vibrant community
- Activities geared to all age and interest groups
- Both indoor and outdoor activities
- Tasting local brews from Twin Valley Distillers and True Respite Brewing Co
- Painting, photography, ceramic, and many other art classes for all levels at VisArts
- Eating your way through the over 25 different restaurants at Rockville Town Square
- Seeing a live musical performance at Strathmore
- Tour the Mayorga Organics Roastery and try out artisanal and sustainable coffee products sourced from farmers in Latin America
- Ice skate all year long at Cabin John Ice Rink, an indoor ice skating rink that offers “open skate” sessions at various times throughout the day
- During the summer, cool down on a hot day at Rockville Town Square’s Splash Pad on Mondays through Saturdays from 11 am-9 pm and Sundays from 12 pm-8 pm
- Located at Rock Creek Regional Park, Meadowside Nature Center is a hands-on natural and cultural history program that has owls, hawks, and an American Bald Eagle on-site for viewing.
Airport: From Dulles International Airport (IAD), Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport (BWI), and Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA) are all about one hour away from Rockville.
From Washington, DC:
- Driving: Rockville is a quick 25-minute ride down I-270 N from Washington, DC.
- Metrorail: Hop on the Red Line from Washington, DC towards Shady Grove and ride until you reach the Rockville station.
Train: Take the Brunswick line on the MARC Train and get off at the Rockville station. This train runs Monday-Friday 4:45 am-8:45 am and 3:45 pm-8:30 pm.