Outdoor ice skating is a fun winter activity to spend with the family in Montgomery County, Maryland.
Visitors can glide across the ice in Rockville Town Square, or take in the views from the rooftop rink at Canopy by Hilton. For indoor skating enthusiasts, there are two popular rinks that are part of Montgomery Parks.
Here is a round-up of a few rinks to consider the next time your planning a trip to Washington, DC.
- Located at Veterans’ Plaza, the outdoor Silver Spring Ice Skating Rink is surrounded by great restaurants, shops, and plenty of parking making it a convenient location for the Washington Metro area.
- Looking for something closer to the Rockville area? The Rockville Town Square ice rink is the largest outdoor ice-skating rink between Baltimore and Washington DC. It is the largest in all of Montgomery measuring at 7,200 square feet.
- If outdoor skating isn’t your thing, you can always check out Cabin John Ice Rink. Located in Cabin John Regional Park, Cabin John Ice Rink is one of two indoor skating facilities in Montgomery Parks. Open year round, the facility offers a wide range of ice skating and ice hockey classes and camps for all ages and skill levels, as well as special events and skating exhibitions throughout the year.
- Venture over the Wheaton Ice Arena for year-round indoor skating. The facility offers a wide-range of ice skating and ice hockey classes and camps for all ages and skill levels, as well as special events and skating exhibitions throughout the year.
- The newest skating experience can be found on the rooftop terrace at the Canopy by Hilton Washington, DC Bethesda North at Pike & Rose. While you’re there, grab a bite at Canopy Central Restaurant & Bar for a seasonal skating menu featuring family friendly items like toasted peanut butter and banana sandwiches, mini hot dogs and specialty hot chocolates.