Located just outside of Washington, DC, Bethesda and Chevy Chase are where locals frequent to grab a delicious meal with friends and shop until they drop in Montgomery County, Maryland.
Bethesda is home to some of the area’s best dining and shopping options—all conveniently located just walking distance from each other. Foodies will swoon over the variety of culinary experiences there are to try such as sharing Spanish tapas at Jaleo, sampling oven-roasted pizzas from Matchbox, or indulging in a farm-to-table meal from Terrain Café. For dessert, get a taste of the iconic cupcakes from Georgetown Cupcakes or sit down along Bethesda Row for traditional gelato from Dolcezza. After a great meal, get your shopping fix at Apple, The North Face, LuluLemon Athletica, Lilly Pulitzer, or the area’s largest Anthropologie & Co.
Chevy Chase is the go-to community in the area for visitors who are looking for luxury retail options. The Collection at Chevy Chase includes Saks Fifth Avenue, Tiffany & Co, The Palm and The Ivy, and Nic + Zoe. After a successful shopping spree, visitors can easily grab a bite to eat with friends at Clyde’s, Sushiko, or Little Beet Table.
- Shopping options ranging from mid-scale to luxury options.
- A more upscale weekend getaway perfect for couples or a trip with a group of friends.
- World-renowned restaurants at Bethesda Row.
- Luxury shopping options like Saks 5th Avenue, Tiffany and Co., and Bloomingdale’s in Chevy Chase.
- The word-class theater performances at Roundhouse Theater with showings in a variety of genres like comedy and drama.
- There are many small fashion boutiques located around the area where you can find one-of-a-kind fashion. Locals love Lou Lou Boutique and Sassanova for unique pieces such as handbags and designer clothing.
- Any student, starting at age 13 through college can see a show at Roundhouse Theater at no cost.
- Learn about the history of these two communities at the Clara Barton National Historic Site and Glen Echo Park.
- Enjoy live music over a delicious meal at Bethesda Blues and Jazz Supper Club.
Airport: From Dulles International Airport (IAD) and Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA), it is a 35-minute drive to Bethesda or Chevy Chase on the Capital Beltway. If arriving in Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport (BWI), it will be about a 45-minute drive down 95.
From Washington, DC:
- Metrorail: Take Red Line from Washington, DC and ride until you reach the Bethesda Metro station. If traveling to Chevy Chase, take the Red Line and get off at the Friendship Heights Metro station.
- Driving: Bethesda and Chevy Chase are about a 20-minute drive down Wisconsin Ave NW from Washington, DC.