Comprised of the Poolesville, Clarksburg, Damascus, and Laytonsville communities, UpCounty is known for its easy-paced lifestyle, vast farmlands, and scenic views. Foodies will love all of the outdoor vineyards and breweries. Adventure seekers will be amazed by the variety of outdoor activities including hiking and exploring the Agricultural Reserve. More of a leisurely traveler? You’ll fall head over heels at the outlet mall, artisanal shops, and the Poolesville Golf Course.
- Scenic drives across the region that include sites like farms, river, canal towns, and mountains
- A day of sipping wine with friends at Sugarloaf Mountain Vineyard or hiking up to the top of the Sugarloaf Mountain to see the picture-perfect views
- A visit to Mckee-Beshers Wildlife Management Area, a 2,000- acre tract in a mixture of woodlands, fields, wooded bottomland, and green-tree reservoirs
- Shopping at the best big-name stores all at discount prices at the Clarksburg Premium Outlets
- Exploring the “Canal Town” community which includes Lockhouse 25, historic buildings, and small-town character
- Drinking brews, listening to live music and enjoying food from local food trucks on a horse farm at Waredaca Brewing Company
- In mid-July, the famous vibrant sunflowers fields at Mckee-Beshers Wildlife Management Area are in full bloom
- Stock up on handcrafted art pieces, ceramics, and more from local artisans at Countryside Artisans of Maryland
Airport: UpCounty is a little over an hour away from both Dulles International Airport (IAD) and Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport (BWI, and Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA).
From Washington, DC:
- Driving: UpCounty is about an hour drive away from Washington, D.C