Known for its diverse communities, Gaithersburg is located in the heart of Montgomery County, Maryland and is the second largest city in the area with more than 70,000 residents. Gaithersburg is also conveniently situated in between a number of the area’s most beloved parks such as Bohrer Park at Summit Hall Farm and Seneca Creek State Park making Gaithersburg the ideal place for outdoor enthusiasts to explore.
Gaithersburg has a strong combination of both historical sites and new developments. You can easily go from exploring the historic grounds of Olde Towne Plaza to playing a round of laser tag at ShadowLand Laser Adventures.
Foodies will love the abundance of dining options located across the city including global dining options ranging from Korean, Latin, and Italian. Beer enthusiasts will love sipping on locally-made brews in the sunshine on Elder Pine Brewing & Blending Co’s patio. Looking for a place to unwind? Play a few rounds of golf at Laytonsville Golf Course or stroll around the hiking trails located around the beautiful Kentlands Lakes.
- Diverse communities
- Outdoor adventures
- Global Cuisines
- Transporting back in time and learn about the rich history of the city at the Gaithersburg Community Museum.
- Exploring the many dining, entertainment, and shopping options rio lakefront has to offer
- Solving a mystery at Murder at the Mansion Dessert Theater at Kentlands Mansion
- During the summer, enjoy a crab feast at Smokey Glen Farm’s Fridays at the Farm.
- Watch independent films and live performances created by directors and artists from India, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Nepal, and Sri Lanka at the annual Washington DC South Asian Film Festival
- Play a few rounds of golf at the miniature golf course located at Bohrer Park at Summit Hall Farm.
Airport: From Dulles International Airport (IAD), Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport (BWI), and Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA), all about one hour away from Gaithersburg.
From Washington, DC:
- Driving: From Washington, DC, Gaithersburg is less than an hour drive down I-270 N.
- Metrorail: Shady Grove Station is the closest metro stop to Gaithersburg and is the last stop on the Red Line. From the station, Gaithersburg is a quick 5-10-minute Uber ride.
- Train: The Brunswick line on the MARC Train will take you from Washington Union Station to Gaithersburg Monday-Friday 4:45 am-8:45 am and 3:45 pm-8:30 pm.