Visit Montgomery, MD offers numerous support services and resources for local, national and international journalists. Our media team is trained to help you produce quality, factual, intriguing and interesting stories about Montgomery County, Maryland that your audience will love to read.
What Makes Montgomery County Unique:
- Montgomery County is the most populous county in Maryland, is located adjacent to Washington, DC, and has a population of just over 1 million residents.
- Bethesda, Chevy Chase, Silver Spring, Gaithersburg, Germantown and Rockville are located in the county.
- Montgomery County is exceptionally diverse. A third of its residents are foreign born and 40% of residents who are non-white speak a language other than English.
- A third of the county is designated as a 93,000-acre Agricultural Reserve that boasts over 540 farms, 340 horticultural enterprises and has the second highest number of horses in Maryland. Known by residents as the “Ag Reserve,” this area generates over $287 million dollars to the local economy.
- Hospitality and tourism runs deep. Marriott International, Choice Hotels, B.F. Saul Company, Federal Realty Investment Trust, Sodexo, and Host Hotels & Resorts, Inc. are all headquartered in Montgomery County.
Looking for story ideas and signature experiences about Montgomery County, Maryland? To assist in the creation of new stories, we’ve compiled a list of story starters and ideas covering everything from cultural excursions, historical anecdotes, outdoor adventure tales to distinctive culinary experiences. Download Story Starters
Make sure to visit key sections of our website including our Explore MoCo, Get Inspired, Blog and Events pages for other activities and attractions that might be of interest to your readers. Request a Travel Guide
Follow Visit Montgomery’s Facebook, Instagram and Twitter profiles for up-to-the-minute inspiration. Email the marketing team your social handle(s) and we’ll follow you back. Our most popular hashtags are #visitmoco, #montgomerymd, and #montgomerymoment.
Image Library and B-roll:
A rights-free collection of images and video of Montgomery County (including HD quality B-roll) is available for the exclusive use of travel media. For access, please email the marketing team.
- Visit Maryland (Maryland Office of Tourism)
- Destination DC (Washington, DC Tourism Office)
- Capital Region USA (CRUSA)
- Mid-Atlantic Tourism Public Relations Alliance (MATPRA)
- Montgomery County Economic Development Corporation (MCEDC)
- Montgomery County Public Information Office (PIO)
Plan a Visit to Montgomery County:
The Visit Montgomery, MD team and its partners value the role that media plays in marketing and promoting Montgomery County as a destination to international and domestic travelers. If you would like to request a visit and a customized itinerary, contact Cory Van Horn for more information.
Interviews with Visit Montgomery’s President/CEO:
Visit Montgomery’s President & CEO, Kelly Groff, is available for media interviews on topics relating to destination marketing and tourism in Montgomery County, Maryland. Please email your interview request, list of questions and name of the publication here.
General Media Inquiries:
Cory Van Horn
Director of Marketing
Visit Montgomery, MD