Visit Montgomery, MD offers numerous support services and resources for local, national, and international journalists. Our media team is trained to help you produce quality, factual, intriguing, and interesting stories about Montgomery County, Maryland that your audience will love to read.
What Makes Montgomery County Unique
- Montgomery County, located adjacent to Washington, DC, is the most populous county in Maryland with just over 1 million residents.
- Bethesda, Chevy Chase, Gaithersburg, Germantown, Rockville, and Silver Spring are the most recognizable cities in the county.
- With four of the top 10 most diverse cities in the US, Montgomery County is one of the most diverse counties in the nation. A third of its residents are foreign born and 40% of residents who are non-white speak a language other than English.
- A third of the county is designated as a 93,000-acre Agricultural Reserve that boasts over 540 farms, 340 horticultural enterprises, and has the second highest number of horses in Maryland. Known to locals as the “Ag Reserve,” this area generates over $287 million to the local economy.
- Hospitality and tourism runs deep. Marriott International, Choice Hotels, B.F. Saul Company, Federal Realty Investment Trust, Sodexo, and Host Hotels & Resorts, Inc. are all headquartered in Montgomery County.
Looking for story ideas and signature experiences about Montgomery County, Maryland? To assist in the creation of new stories, we’ve compiled a list of story starters and ideas covering everything from cultural excursions and historical anecdotes to outdoor adventure tales and distinctive culinary experiences. View them here.
Make sure to visit key sections of our website, including our Explore MoCo, Get Inspired, Blog, and Events pages for activities and attractions that might be of interest to your readers. Request a Travel Guide.
Follow Visit Montgomery’s Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter pages for up-to-the-minute inspiration. Follow us, shoot us a DM, and we’ll follow you back. Our most popular hashtags are #visitmoco, #montgomerymd, and #montgomerymoment.
Image Library and B-Roll
A rights-free collection of images and video of Montgomery County (including HD quality B-roll) is available for the exclusive use of travel media. For access, please email the marketing team.
- Visit Maryland (Maryland Office of Tourism)
- Destination DC (Washington, DC Tourism Office)
- Capital Region USA (CRUSA)
- Mid-Atlantic Tourism Public Relations Alliance (MATPRA)
- Montgomery County Economic Development Corporation (MCEDC)
- Montgomery County Public Information Office (PIO)
Plan a Visit to Montgomery County
The Visit Montgomery, MD team and its partners value the role that media plays in marketing and promoting Montgomery County as a destination to international and domestic travelers. If you would like to request a visit and a customized itinerary, contact Elissa Blattman (below) for more information.
Interviews with Visit Montgomery’s President & CEO and Chief Strategy Officer
Visit Montgomery’s President & CEO, Kelly Groff, and Chief Strategy Officer, Cory Van Horn, are available for media interviews on topics relating to destination marketing and tourism in Montgomery County, Maryland. Please email your interview request, list of questions, and name of the publication to Kelly or Cory.
General Media Inquiries