It may be cold outside, but Picnic in the Park is heating up! Chilly days make us crave warm food and a safe place to gather with friends. We’re bringing firepits and patio heaters to the parks for Picnic in the Park Warm-Up Days. Bundle up and join us for a fun winter outing in the parks!
There are two seating choices at Warm–Up Days. Firepits can be reserved for a group of six people or fewer for 90-minutes for $25. A table for two with a patio heater can be reserved for 90-minutes for $10. Firewood is provided as part of your reservation. Staff will be on hand during the reservation to assist with the fire as needed and to ensure it is being properly monitored and extinguished. Masks are required for all guests, when not seated or actively eating and drinking in your reserved area.
***MAKE YOUR RESERVATION FOR ALL EVENTS NOW***
- Reserve your spot on Active Montgomery
- Then, plan your Picnic in the Park! Check out the MoCo Eats Restaurant Directory.
- Pick up your meal and drinks before you arrive or plan to get delivery at the park! We’ll have your warm table waiting. There are limited opportunities, so reserve your space now!
Picnic In the Park Warm-Up Days:
- January 30 at Acorn Urban Park – Activity Code 110546
- February 20 at Germantown Town Center Urban Park – Activity Code 110640
- February 27 at Germantown Town Center Urban Park – Activity Code 110661
- March 20 at Wheaton Local Park – Activity Code 110590
- March 27 at Wheaton Local Park – Activity Code 110616
For all Warm-Up Day events, the first reservation time period is 12 noon to 1:30 pm. The second reservation time period is 2 pm to 3:30 pm.
Rules for Firepit Use
- Ask park staff to reignite or extinguish the firepit. Do not attempt to extinguish the fire.
- Firepit and contents will be extremely hot. Do not touch the fire with your hands, feet, or shoes.
- Do not throw out any garbage, plastic, aluminum or other trash into the fire.
- If embers leave the firepit, do not pick them up. Alert park staff for assistance.
- If there are minors in your party, an adult must be supervising at the firepit.
- If your party leaves the firepit prior to the scheduled end of the reservation, let park staff know and they will tend to your firepit.