Traveling to Wheaton & Kensington
How to Get to Wheaton & Kensington
Whether it’s by air, rail or car; getting here and around is easy!
Airport: It is about a 30-minute drive from all nearby airports including Dulles International Airport (IAD), Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport (BWI), and Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA).
From Washington, DC:
- Driving: Wheaton and Kensington are both a 15-minute drive away from Washington, D.C
- Metrorail: Hop on the Red Line towards Glenmont and ride until you reach the Wheaton station
- I-95, I-270, and I-495 will be your main thoroughfare to get you in and around Montgomery County.
- Maryland is a HANDS-FREE state. You are prohibited from texting or using a cell phone while driving.
- The state of Maryland has a rigorous SPEED CAMERA program. Please pay attention to the posted speed signs and drive carefully.