Montgomery County, Maryland residents and visitors are encouraged to celebrate the “Power of Travel” during the 38th annual National Travel and Tourism Week (NTTW) on May 2 – 8, 2021.
Hosted by the U.S. Travel Association, this year’s NTTW theme recognizes the Power of Travel and the critical role our industry will play in bringing back our vibrant communities, restoring the economy, rebuilding our workforce and reconnecting America. In 2019, Montgomery County was the most visited region in Maryland with over 9 million day and overnight visitors. The county is home to 50+ hotels, dozens of museums, performance venues and cultural attractions, and 422+ parks and open spaces.
Here are five ways you can show your Spirit of Travel in Montgomery County:
- Use the hashtags #PowerOfTravel and #VisitMoCo to share photos and videos of your favorite Montgomery County activities and attractions. You’re also encouraged to show your MoCo Pride to the entire state of Maryland by also including #MDinFocus.
- Dine outdoors, order pickup or delivery from a local restaurant. Visit MoCo Eats to discover over 1,800 restaurants located throughout the county. Plus, enjoy a Picnic in the Park!
- Attend a socially-distant in-person or virtual event. Check out our Events Calendar for upcoming programs.
- Plan ahead by downloading our Weekend Getaway Guide and search for hotel promotions on the MoCo Stay hotel directory.
- Bring your favorite Montgomery County attractions right to you with a series of interactive digital puzzles. Created for any skill level, these puzzles are sure to deliver hours of fun for the whole family.