Montgomery County, Maryland residents and visitors are encouraged to celebrate the “Spirit of Travel” during the 37th annual National Travel and Tourism Week (NTTW) on May 3 – 9, 2020.
Hosted by the U.S. Travel Association, this year’s NTTW theme aims to highlight the resilience of the nation’s hospitality and tourism industry, and the role it will play in the economic and employment recovery. In 2019, Montgomery County was the most visited region in Maryland with over 9.2 million day and overnight visitors. The county is home to 50+ hotels, dozens of museums, performance venues and cultural attractions, and 422+ parks and open spaces.
Residents and visitors are asked to share their favorite Montgomery County experiences on social media by tagging @visitmoco, support local restaurants by ordering pickup or delivery, attend virtual events, and plan their next weekend road trip to Montgomery County when it’s time to travel again.
Here are five ways you can show your Spirit of Travel in Montgomery County:
- Use the hashtags #SpiritofTravel and #VisitMoCo to share photos and videos of your favorite Montgomery County activities and how you plan to experience them when the time comes. You’re also encouraged to show your MoCo Pride to the entire state of Maryland by also including #MDinFocus.
- Order pickup or delivery from a local restaurant. Visit MoCo Eats to discover over 700 restaurants located throughout the county.
- Have fun at home by participating in virtual events, tours and online activities through MoCo at Home.
- Plan ahead by downloading our Weekend Getaway Guide and search for hotel promotions on the MoCo Stay hotel directory.
- Bring your favorite Montgomery County attractions right to you with a series of interactive digital puzzles. Created for any skill level, these puzzles are sure to deliver hours of fun for the whole family.