Whether it’s relaxing at rio‘s lakefront in Gaithersburg or in your own backyard, spring is the perfect time to lounge on an outdoor patio with a refreshing strawberry margarita in hand.
The newly opened True Food Kitchen is known for their signature cocktails and as a special treat, award-winning mixologist, Adrian Mendle walks us through how to make one of their most popular drinks at home.
- Lime Juice 1 floz
- Monin Strawberry Syrup .75 floz
- Fiorente Elderflower .5 floz
- Dulce Vida Reposado Tequila 1.5 fl
- Combine ingredients into small shaker tin
- Add ice and shake vigorously
- Splash 1 floz of soda water into tin and dump into glass
- Enjoy 😊
True Food Kitchen, the award-winning, seasonally-inspired restaurant and scratch bar, is now open for lunch, dinner and weekend brunch in Gaithersburg’s rio Lakefront. This marks the third Maryland location for True Food Kitchen, and the 41st nationwide. Co-founded by integrative medicine expert, Dr. Andrew Weil, True Food Kitchen’s menu closely adheres to his anti-inflammatory food pyramid, which focuses on eating foods that help maintain optimal health. The Gaithersburg restaurant offers a variety of flavor-forward dishes and beverages that harken to Weil’s philosophy that delicious dining and conscious nutrition can go hand in hand, without sacrificing flavor, creativity or indulgence.
If you’re looking for the perfect pairing for your Strawberry Margarita, here are a few True Food Kitchen appetizers we recommend:
- Tomato & Lemon Ricotta Flatbread: cherry tomato, red onion, lemon ricotta, organic arugula, cilantro pumpkin seed pesto
- Herb Hummus: cucumber, cherry tomato, onion, olive, feta, lemon oregano vinaigrette & house-made pita
- Wild Caught Tuna Tostada: tuna, avocado, jalapeño pepper, sesame cracker, citrus ponzu