True pizza lovers are always in search of the best spots to grab a slice. From classic New York style to deep dish, you’re sure to find memorable pies of every type across the county. But don’t take our word for it. To find out the best pizza joints according to locals, we went directly to the source. Alex Tsironis from The Moco Show gives his recommendations for the ultimate pizza road trip around Montgomery County, Maryland.
Don’t have time to watch the video? Here’s a brief recap.
- Mangino’s Pizza, Germantown: Not just (formerly) gas station pizza, but a great NY slice.
- Frankly… Pizza!, Kensington: Best brick oven, even if you don’t typically like brick oven.
- Mamma Lucia’s, Bethesda, Rockville x2, Olney, Silver Spring: Widely available and just delicious…and have you tried the rose sauce?
- Armand’s Pizzeria, Rockville: Chicago style, deep dish plus an all you can eat buffet.
- Gentlemen Jim’s, Gaithersburg: Classic pizza with twist… Swiss cheese!
- Broadway Pizza, Potomac: Catch the Four Star Act… 4 pizzas in one.
- Stained Glass Pub, Glenmont: We saved the best for last. Tiny square slices to pop like potato chips!
NOTE: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, restaurant openings may vary. Check out MoCo Eats for a searchable takeout and delivery guide.
View this post on Instagram
Looking for more ultimate food road trips through Montgomery County, Maryland? Check out The Ultimate Taco Road Trip Around Montgomery County, The Ultimate Dessert Road Trip Around Montgomery County and The Ultimate Montgomery County Waffle Road Trip.