Traveling to Takoma Park
How to Get to Takoma Park, Maryland
Airport: From Dulles International Airport (IAD) it is a 50-minute drive, Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport (BWI) is a one hour drive, and Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA) is a 40-50 minute drive.
From Washington, DC:
- Driving: The city of Takoma Park is located in both Washington, DC and Montgomery County Maryland and is situated in the upper northeast side of the city.
- Metrorail: Ride the Red Line from Washington, DC towards Glenmont until you reach Takoma Park station.
- I-95, I-270, and I-495 will be your main thoroughfare to get you in and around Montgomery County.
- Maryland is a HANDS-FREE state. You are prohibited from texting or using a cell phone while driving.
- The state of Maryland has a rigorous SPEED CAMERA program. Please pay attention to the posted speed signs and drive carefully.