Looking for the perfect way to spend your Valentine’s Day? Montgomery County, Maryland has spectacular shows, delectable dinners, and great hotel getaways near Washington, DC. Take our quiz and add up the points to find out how you should celebrate love based on your romantic preferences. (Bonus Valentine’s points if you send this quiz to your date and see if your results match up!)
What’s your favorite love song?
- In the Mood by Glen Miller (1 point)
- L-O-V-E by Nat King Cole (2 points)
- O Mio Babbino Caro by Puccini (3 points)
- How Sweet It Is by James Taylor (4 points)
- The Way You Look Tonight by Frank Sinatra (5 points)
- All of Me by John Legend (6 points)
What’s your favorite romantic movie?
- Casablanca (1942) (1 point)
- La La Land (2016) (2 points)
- Shakespeare in Love (1998) (3 points)
- The Big Sick (2017) (4 points)
- The Princess Bride (1987) (5 points)
- Call Me by Your Name (2018) (6 points)
What’s the best Valentine’s gift?
- A well-thought-out card (1 point)
- Beautiful new jewelry (2 points)
- A box of chocolates (3 points)
- A bottle of wine (4 points)
- Sharing a delicious meal together (5 points)
- Spending quality time together (6 points)
(3-5) Go Dancing at Glen Echo Park
Get into the swing of Valentine’s Day by learning how to swing dance with professionals from Flying Fleet Enterprises. Located in Glen Echo Park’s historic Spanish Ball Room, this special Red Dress Ball on February 9 will benefit the American Heart Association — and your dance skills! Admission is $20 and no prior experience is required to have a lovely time.
(6-8) Listen and Dine at Bethesda Blues & Jazz Supper Club
Catch a Tribute to the Music of Maze & Frankie Beverly and The Gap Band at the Bethesda Blues & Jazz Supper Club on February 9. The performance presented by Brencore Entertainment will feature artists Dukes and Dobson and tickets cost $35.
(9-11) See a Show at Arts Barn
Celebrate Valentine’s Day with the Schumann & Brahms Concert held at the Arts Barn. This performance on February 14 will tell a beautiful love story through a musical quartet made up of a piano, violin, viola, and cello. For $25, attendees will enjoy the music and be treated to SPAGnVOLA chocolates alongside special wine pairings.
(12-14) Taste Wine at Olney Winery
Head to Olney Winery for a Valentine’s Day tasting experience like no other and sip on any five wines for $8. With more than 34 different varieties made by the winery, there are plenty of options for you and your date to choose from. We recommend pairing your wine tasting with a charcuterie board, cheese plate, or bread and dipping oils.
(15-16) Dine out at the Manor at Silo Falls
Make a reservation for you and your Valentine at the recently remodeled Manor at Silo Falls. Arrive early to grab a drink at the bar together before sitting down to share a few favorite dishes, like the flash-fried Brussels sprouts with sriracha aioli and the cornmeal encrusted scallops served with parmesan risotto.
(17-18) Book a Room at Tusculum Farm
Plan a romantic weekend getaway to stay at The Inn at Tusculum Farm. Consider travelling for the weekend of February 9, when the luxury bed and breakfast will be hosting a mat to table event complete with a yoga class and cooking demonstration — a perfect inclusive experience to celebrate your love.