Incorporated in 1892, Laytonsville is located approximately 25 miles north of Washington, DC in Montgomery County, Maryland. This charming town’s landscape features rolling hills and sweeping farm views, perfect for a scenic road trip through the county’s 93,000-acre Agricultural Reserve.
Fox 5’s Kevin McCarthy recently took a field trip to Laytonsville to meet two popular small businesses – The Family Room and Waredaca Brewing Company. Watch below and learn about their socially distant experiences that everyone in the family will love.
Stop 1: The Family Room
Stop 2: Waredaca Brewing Company
Extend your road trip to Laytonsville by adding these nearby stops to your weekend getaway itinerary:
- Stay overnight in a luxury bed and breakfast at The Inn at Tusculum Farm.
- Go hiking at the Rachel Carson Conservation Park.
- Create a self-guided brewery tour by visiting Waredaca Brewing Company, Elder Pine Brewing and Blending, Brookeville Beer Farm and Lone Oak Farm Brewery.
- Play a round of golf at the Laytonsville Golf Course.
- Enjoy a sumptuous dinner at Silo Falls in Brookeville.
- Venture to Art of Fire for a glass blowing class.