How to Get to Gaithersburg, Maryland
Whether it’s by air, rail or car; getting here and around is easy!
Airport: From Dulles International Airport (IAD), Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport (BWI), and Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA), all about one hour away from Gaithersburg.
From Washington, DC:
- Driving: From Washington, DC, Gaithersburg is less than an hour drive down I-270 N.
- Metrorail: Shady Grove Station is the closest metro stop to Gaithersburg and is the last stop on the Red Line. From the station, Gaithersburg is a quick 5-10-minute Uber ride.
- Train: The Brunswick line on the MARC Train will take you from Washington Union Station to Gaithersburg Monday-Friday
- I-95, I-270, and I-495 will be your main thoroughfare to get you in and around Montgomery County.
- Maryland is a HANDS-FREE state. You are prohibited from texting or using a cell phone while driving.
- The state of Maryland has a rigorous SPEED CAMERA program. Please pay attention to the posted speed signs and drive carefully.