Traveling to Bethesda & Chevy Chase
How to Get to Bethesda & Chevy Chase, Maryland
Whether it’s by air, rail or car; getting here and around is easy!
Airport: From Dulles International Airport (IAD) and Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA), it is a 35-minute drive to Bethesda or Chevy Chase on the Capital Beltway. If arriving in Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport (BWI), it will be about a 45-minute drive down 95.
From Washington, DC:
- Metrorail: Take Red Line from Washington, DC and ride until you reach the Bethesda Metro station. If traveling to Chevy Chase, take the Red Line and get off at the Friendship Heights Metro station.
- Driving: Bethesda and Chevy Chase are about a 20-minute drive down Wisconsin Ave NW from Washington, DC.
- I-95, I-270, and I-495 will be your main thoroughfare to get you in and around Montgomery County.
- Maryland is a HANDS-FREE state. You are prohibited from texting or using a cell phone while driving.
- The state of Maryland has a rigorous SPEED CAMERA program. Please pay attention to the posted speed signs and drive carefully.