The gable-front, two-and-a-half story general store was constructed in 1901 by Frederick A. Allnutt. The Seneca Store became a well-known destination and included the town post office and gas station. The store remained in the Allnutt family until 1965, when employee Raymond E. Poole took over the business. The Poole family continued to operate the store specializing in goods and services for local equestrian, hunting and farming communities, selling everything from animal feed and equipment to candy and carry-out food. Montgomery Parks acquired the property, and surrounding buildings in 1972, When the Poole’s Store closed in 2010, it had earned the distinction of being the oldest continuously operating general store of this type in Montgomery County.