The Real Housewives of Potomac is an upcoming reality show series that is scheduled to premiere on January 17, 2016, on Bravo. Where’s Potomac you may ask? Potomac is located just outside the DC suburbs.
Don’t know much about Potomac? Here’s a few things you need to know:
- Potomac, which has a population of about 45,000 living within its 25 square miles, is located in Montgomery County, Maryland, just northwest of Bethesda and Silver Spring, Maryland as well as Washington, D.C.
- Potomac gets its name from the famous and beautiful body of water it sits along: the Potomac River, which stretches 383 miles acrossparts of Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and West Virginia.
- Potomac’s median household income is $178,722, which is more than three times the national figure, according to the U.S. Census Bureau.
Things to do in Potomac
Places to eat:
- Old Angler’s Inn located on 10801 MacArthur Blvd, Potomac, MD 20854. It is a modern American restaurant with a terrace and beer garden. Whether you’re just off the C&O Canal across the street looking for a casual post-hike lunch on the patio, in search of the perfect place for Happy Hour, live music, and drinks with friends at the old stone bar, or interested in a more formal meal in the restaurant (tie and jacket not required!) Old Anglers is consistently voted Most Romantic and Best Ambience. Their historic grounds are perfect for everything from a casual burger to a formal night.
- MoCo’s Founding Farmers located on 12505 Park Potomac Avenue Potomac, MD 20854. It is an American eatery dishing out market-driven comfort cuisine along with rustic-chic style. Farm-inspired fare in a modern and casual setting; this is the sister restaurant to the phenomenally popular downtown Founding Farmers. Bethesda Magazine readers chose it as the “Best Restaurant in Montgomery County” and for “Most Inventive Cocktails” in 2015.
- Amici Miei Ristorante located on 1093 Seven Locks Rd, Potomac, MD 20854. It is a neighborhood Italian restaurant dishing out brick-oven pizza & pasta in an art-adorned dining room. Serving up the authentic Italian such as the lasagna, chicken Marsala, veal ossobuco, and many others.
- Normandie Farm located on 10710 Falls Rd, Potomac, MD 20854. Normandie Farm serves French-American cuisine. They’re known for their gigantic popovers and delicious brunch items. ! Savor and airy, egg, served with preserves and whipped butter to fill you up and slow your plates down. You can also flavor crispy hash browns, real bacon, lamb, veal Marsala, and beef stroganoff.
- River Falls Tavern located on 10128 River Rd, Potomac, MD 20854. Located in the heart of Potomac Village, River Falls provides modern American cuisine & comfort food in a rustic-modern room.
During the winter months, visitors may enjoy snowshoeing, sledding, cross-country skiing, and hiking at the C&O Canal. The C&O Canal has 184.5 miles of towpath for visitors to enjoy during the winter. When the canal is covered in snow, it offers a beautiful winter landscape for hikers and cross-country skiers. Ice skating and sledding are not permitted in the widewater area of the park. In other areas of the park, ice skating and sledding are permitted at your own risk. In most watered areas of the park, the canal ranges in depth from 6 feet to 15 feet and the canal maintains a constant flow of water beneath the ice. Please use extreme caution.
Hike at Great Falls! Great Falls Park, an 800-acre park located along the Potomac River, is one of the most spectacular natural landmarks in the Washington DC metropolitan area. You can view the falls from several observation areas. The falls cascade into 20 foot waterfalls displaying the steepest fall line rapids of any eastern river. Location: 11710 MacArthur Blvd. Potomac MD 20854
Bundle up and head to the green. Montgomery County operates nine full-service public golf courses. Falls Road is a public golf course located in Potomac MD minutes from DC. This is the first MCG golf course which opened in 1961. Located on 150 acres of former farmland east of the Village of Potomac, the layout offers fun round of golf with scenic rolling terrain. The course measures slightly more than 6100 yards from the back tees and plays to a par 70.