For the first time this year there’s a chance of plenty of snow accumulating to go sledding!
Here are a few awesome places to go sledding.
- The hill behind Takoma Park Middle School
- Adjacent to Pine Crest Elementary school’s tennis courts is a good sledding hill for the kids
- The hill in between Weller Road Elementary and Loiederman Middle School.
- Monument Park: Located on the corner of Monument Street and Maryland Ave., the hill slopes safely away from the street, but be sure to mind the baseball cages that line the field at the bottom.
- Capitol View-Homewood Local Park: While the park may lack the height of some of the other hills, this MoCo park has plenty of open space for snowball fights, and snowmen too!
- Wheaton Regional Park – no sled needed! Go down one of the slides and land on some cushiony snow.
- The hill is across Sligo Creek Pkwy from Sligo Dennis Park. It starts on Tenbrook and goes to Sligo Creek Parkway
- If there is enough snow accumulated, check out the steps at Silver Spring’s Fountain Plaza. Once completely covered in snow it’s a pretty steep hill to slide on!
- Check out Damascus Recreational Park – on Kings Valley Rd.
- Hill at Glenview Mansion in Rockville