The day after Thanksgiving, also known as Black Friday, kicks off the beginning of the holiday shopping season! Many retailers in Montgomery County open their doors very early with extended hours to attract shoppers with special offers and bargain prices for one day only.
Below are the advertised hours for Black Friday for some of the most popular places to shop in the area:
- MONTGOMERY MALL, Bethesda Black Friday Hours – Thursday 27, 6:00 pm – 11:59 pm & Friday 28, 6:00 am – 10:00 pm
- WHEATON MALL, Wheaton Black Friday Hours – Thursday 27, 6:00 pm – 11:59 pm & Friday 28, 6:00 am – 9:30 pm
- WALMART– Opens Thanksgiving night at 6 PM
- BEST BUY – Opens Thanksgiving night at 6 PM
- OLD NAVY – Opens Thanksgiving night at 7 PM
- TARGET – Opens Thanksgiving night at 8 PM
Don’t get worked up about Black Friday! Stay safe and follow these tips from the experts at Forbes:
- Let Black Friday Sites, Apps Plot Your Strategy – find specific deals you’re looking for online before heading out!
- Shop In Your Pajamas – before heading out to the mall, shop from your couch and check the store’s website for Black Friday doorbusters!
- Rock the Consumer Electronic Buys – concentrate on electronics, many of the deals on Black Friday will be the best prices of the year for electronic devices.
- Apply the 40% Off Rule on Clothing and Accessories – experts say Black Friday weekend is actually not the best time of year to score the best deals on clothing.
- Mine Only-On-Black Friday Savings – some clothing and accessory brands truly have good discounts on Black Friday, these include: Tod’s, Mountain Hardwear, Electric, Marmot, Prada, Ray-Ban, The Sak, Oakley, Christian Dior, Tumi, Vilbrequin, Ferragamo, Johnston & Murphy, Moncler, Patagonia, Reef, Fossil and Hurley.
- Get an Early Start – shop early for the best inventory
- Skip the Black Friday Hunt Altogether – “Not into the Black Friday craziness? Use the day instead to make your lists and plan your budget, then hit Marshalls and T.J. Maxx, which sell a huge variety of name-brand and designer gifts at 20% to 60% off all the time – not just for a few hours on Black Friday,” said Christine Frietchen, a shopping expert from the off-price chains.
On Small Business Saturday small, locally-based shops offer plenty of deals for holiday shoppers across the country. Help build the economy in our county by shopping locally!
Stop by Antique Row in Kensington, Maryland and shop more than eighty unique stores selling furniture, books, textiles, and other collectibles. Click here to view their directory