In the surrounding areas of our nation’s capital, Montgomery County, MD has seen an influx of great restaurants offering delectable dishes that hold their own against the popular restaurants of Washington, DC. Just a short Metro ride from DC, Montgomery County boasts an array of restaurants from Thai food to Spanish tapas, proving that you don’t need to be in the city to get great food. So, bring your family, friends, and appetite down to Montgomery County, Maryland on your next visit to the DC area.
Here’s a short guide to the grub of Montgomery County, MD:
- Nava Thai Noodle and Grill in Wheaton, MD is the area’s most authentic Thai food boasting fresh and flavorful dishes that never skimp on spice. Try the pad Thai, floating market soup, papaya salad, and crispy mussels.
- Jaleo in Bethesda, MD is home to celebrity chef José Andrés’ and his take on Spanish tapas. The restaurant is fitting for large groups or couples looking to try several small plates that are bold with flavor. Try the bacon-wrapped dates, house-made chorizo on potato purée, and salt-cod fritters.
- Black’s Bar and Kitchen in Bethesda, MD provides diners with comfort food classics at an upscale-looking venue. Try the boneless fried chicken with mashed potatoes, or the house-made pappardelle with wild mushrooms, sweet dates and cured pork cheek.
- Ray’s the Classics in Silver Spring, MD is a spinoff of Ray’s the Steaks in Arlington but bigger and more comfortable. Other comforts include expertly cut steaks and Maryland classics, crab bisque and crab royale. Try the crab royale, hanger steak, and creamy spinach.
- 8407 Kitchen Bar in Silver Spring, MD is the home of farm-to-table artisanal cuisine with French influences. The relaxing atmosphere welcomes diners looking to try different small plates. Try the trotter tots, buttermilk fried calamari, and rabbit rillettes.