New and exciting date ideas are just a drive away. If you and your significant other are tired of the same old date night routines, it’s time to book a fun and romantic rendezvous down in Montgomery County, Maryland. Only a 2-hour drive from Philadelphia, and just minutes from Washington, DC, Montgomery County has loads to offer out-of-towners. Here are some itinerary ideas for a fun weekend in town:
- Check in at the Hilton Washington DC / Rockville Hotel and Executive Meeting Center where they are offering a Romance Package that includes complimentary chocolate-covered strawberries and sparkling wine upon your arrival. Start the next morning with two complimentary tickets to the breakfast buffet to get you energized for your weekend activities.
- Take a swing at Falls Road Golf Course on their 150 acre scenic terrain. One of the 9 public courses with Montgomery County Golf, book a tee time or dive straight in at one of the 22 driving range stalls.
- Wake up early and head over to the Americana-themed water front and center of the Rio Washingtonian, which features a classic carousel house, a trackless train, and picturesque boardwalk. If the weather is nice, be sure to head out on the lake in paddleboats.
- After some boardwalk fun, head over to Brookside Gardens, an award-winning 50-acre public display garden situated in Wheaton Regional Park. Pack a blanket and lunch and enjoy the beautiful scenery of the gardens.
- Stop by La Madeleine for dessert, where the county French cuisine offers a variety of treats. Factory tours are available on Saturday afternoons to watch the process behind their premium chocolate.
- End the day with an artistic performance at the Strathmore – Music Center. From live-media productions to philharmonic symphonies the theater in never empty. The Visual Arts Exhibits are also open throughout the day, exemplifying an array of works both local and international.