Montgomery County, Maryland is convenient to get to and to explore. Whether it’s by air, rail or car; getting here and around is easy!
- From points northwest – I-70 East to I-270 South
- From points northeast – I-95 South to I-495 towards Virginia and then I-270 North, or I-95 South to MD 200 West (MD 200 is an all-electronic toll road that only accepts the E-Z Pass for payment. If you do not have an E-Z Pass, you will receive a bill in the mail at a slightly higher rate.)
- From points south – I-95 North to I-495 towards Baltimore and then I-270 North
Three airports serve Montgomery County:
- Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport (BWI)
- Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA)
- Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD)
Car rentals, limousines, and shuttles are available from all airports. Many hotels provide shuttle service to and from Metro stations.
- Amtrak The Intercity rail services BWI Airport and Union Station in Washington, DC. Take Ride On Bus 201 from BWI or MetroRail’s Red Line from Union Station.
- MetroRail 13 Red Line stations serve Montgomery County offering connections with Metro and Ride On buses to major thoroughfares. Please visit the Metro website to check schedules and plan your trip.
- Vamoose Bus Direct service to New York City from downtown Bethesda.
- White’s Ferry is the last of the 100 historic ferries that used to operate on the Potomac River. It offers a shorter and faster route for drivers from Leesburg, Virginia to Montgomery County. Call 301-349-5200 for weather related closures.
There are 13 Red Line Metro stations that serve Montgomery County. These stations also offer connections with Metro and Ride On buses to major thoroughfares.
- Capital Bikeshare system offers thousands of bicycles for rent at more than 300 stations in Maryland, Washington, DC, and Virginia.
By Cab or Car Service
- Barwood Taxi has served Montgomery County since 1960, and features Verifone technology with credit card payment and video onboard.
- RMA Worldwide Chauffeured Transportation has the largest fleet of sedans, SUV’s, limousines, and minibuses in the area.
Metro Buses and Montgomery County’s Ride On buses serve most neighborhoods in the county.